Friday, December 27, 2013

The End of 2013

Merry late Christmas, everybody! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and got lots of presents :) And for those who didn't celebrate Christmas, happy late Wednesday!

This year, my step-dad got me.....SOCKS! Woo! How practical. The sad part is that a family friend of ours beat him to the punch when I opened her present the other night and it was also a pair of socks! I think I'm set on socks for the next two years now, guys. I mean, really. I have 24 new pairs.

But it's all good because he also got me two cute satchels and a cropped hoodie!....ALL those of which I bought myself while shopping for other people's presents with his money. And then I wrapped them so I could have things to open for Christmas. I must say he has fabulous taste ;) And after he got me those presents (aka after I got me those presents), I found the most absolute perfect shirt for him:


I think it fits quite well, don't you? 

We had a great Christmas, my step-dad and I.  I know that Christmas is supposed to be spending time with family, but because this is the first Christmas without my mom, we decided it was too hard to spend it just the two of us. So we went to a couple Christmas parties and ate too much food, which I hope everyone else did so I don't look like the lonely fatty.

I also held a little Christmas party for my family of friends, and we did Secret Santa this year. You know, even though they're all great friends of mine and I've known them for a while, Christmas shopping is still one of the hardest things I have to do throughout the year. But just remember: it's the THOUGHT that counts.









As I reflect back on the year of 2013, it really has been a memorable year, in good ways and in horrible ways. I lost someone I loved so dearly and who was so close to me, but in the process, I made stronger friendships with the people who really care about me and filtered out those who don't. It's been hard, but I'm so grateful for the amazing people in my life who have helped me through this year and who will continue to be there for me. I'd also like to thank my legs for supporting me, my arms for always being by my side, and my fingers and toes because I can always count on them.

And now that Christmas is over, my mission to find a New Year's kiss has officially begun. For the last two years, I haven't been able to celebrate New Years because I've had to sleep early to wake up at three in the morning to be in the Rose Parade. However, this year I will fulfill my resolution of having a New Year's Kiss. IT WILL HAPPEN. I haven't had much luck in the relationship department this year, but I trust that he will come to me and we shall find each other. I'll get back to you on it. For now, happy holidays and I'll see you next year!

xoxo
Meegs

No comments:

Post a Comment