So for this blog, I thought I'd share 10 things that you might not know about me that makes me Meegs.
1. I only like to eat folded chips. I know it sounds weird, but it makes sense. Folded chip = more chip. Simple! My best friend didn't even know this. We were driving to Arizona and I was looking through the chip bag, doing my own little scavenger hunt, and she goes, "What are you doing?" And I said, "I only eat folded chips...unless I'm desperate."
2. I've eaten Honey Nut Cheerios for breakfast every single morning for the past three to four years. I usually eat it with reduced fat milk. The only exception when I don't eat that for breakfast would be when I'm at someone else's house, like when I sleepover a friend's house.
3. I cannot speak in public for my life. I'm so scared of public speaking - it's not even funny. Yes, I'm a singer and I perform a lot, but singing is NOT the same thing as speaking. I did have to do a lot of speeches during my reign as Miss Teen Asia USA, but I always had to prepare my speech about a week in advance to make sure it was perfect and then rehearse, rehearse, rehearse. I took a public speaking class during my sophomore year in college, and before I could perform it in front of the class, I decided to make a video of myself doing it to see how I performed it. Didn't turn out half bad so I edited it and posted it! Got an A ;)
4. I am probably one of the laziest people you will ever meet. I sleep in on the weekends 'til noon, never do anything my parents ask me to do until the tenth time they ask, I procrastinate doing my homework (like right now) (and yet I still get good grades!), and on days when I have absolutely nothing to do, I literally lay on my bed and watch movies in my room until I fall asleep. And I stay in my pajamas all day unless I have to go somewhere. It's quite sad.
5. A lot of people think I'm really outgoing because you see me when I'm crazy and weird, but when it comes to meeting new people alone, I become really shy and really introverted. Don't get me wrong (no pun intended), I love making new friends, but I'm always afraid. I've always been afraid of judgement, but it usually ends up with the people thinking I'm a snob when really I'm too scared to go talk to anyone. However, if I meet someone new and I'm around people I already know, I'm much more confident. I don't know what that's about.
6. I'm a good driver! People stereotype me into the "Asian driver" stereotype and while it's all in good spirits and have no intentions of hurting me, it sometimes does offend me. Just because a couple Asians are bad drivers does not mean that I'm a bad driver. A whole bunch of people of all kinds of ethnicities get into accidents everyday and yet only the Asian drivers get the comments "Gosh, it's an Asian driver. No wonder." FOR YOUR INFORMATION, I passed my behind-the-wheel driver's test with only one point off from a perfect score. No more Asian driver jokes from anyone!....except from me :)
7. One of my biggest fears is for snakes. I can't even look at a picture of a snake. I was taking biology in high school and we got this homework assignment to read this one chapter. I opened it up and all it had was pictures of snakes. I literally slammed the book closed and threw it across the room as I screamed and ran away. My mom covered the pictures of the snakes with post-its to help me, but the post-its would not stay down and I knew there were snakes under those post-its anyways so I couldn't even do it. That was probably the only time when I asked my friend for all his answers so I could just copy it. I can't even....
7 1/2. Ooo! Another big fear of mine is elevators. I can't ride alone in an elevator without being in fear that it will suddenly stop and the lights will turn off and the alarm will not go off to let anyone in the world know that I'm stuck in that one elevator...all alone...with no service on my phone that's about to die...in an old building...in a dark alley that no one goes down. Even if I'm with someone, it still freaks me out. I just can't.
8. I sing and dance in my car like no one's watching...even though I know everyone's watching. I turn up the music and I yell out the lyrics and jam out by myself. If I turn and I see someone looking at me and laughing, I start singing to them and then they either (1) rock out with me or (2) just laugh at me even more. Either way, I honestly don't care. I'm probably never gonna see them again...unless I'm in bumper-to-bumper traffic. Haha. If you follow me on Instagram (@MeeghanHenry), you might have seen a video of me and Sofia singing on our road trip to Arizona. Here's a little snippet. Lol.
9. You know that I went to college at 16, but did you know that everyone on campus knew me as "jailbait"? That's literally what they would call me when I walked around campus. "Hey Jailbait!" "Hey JB!" It was funny for the first hour, but then it was just lame! I was infamous for my age! Couldn't even get into frat parties cuz everyone knew I was a minor.
10. If you haven't noticed already, I love taking pictures. I take pictures when me and my friends are dressed up, when we're dressed down, and when we're bored. My instagram is filled with those and my signature hashtags are #asiangirl and #longhairdontcare. Don't ask me where they came from because I don't remember. I love taking pictures of every occasion, and my friends hate me for it because I take pictures of us even when we look our worst. I don't post them on social networks, though! They're all saved on my hard drive for blackmail, of course ;) I'll share some....even though they'll hate me for it.
That's just a little bit about me! I wanted to share just a couple things that not a lot of people would know or get to see from me :)