Monday, April 21, 2014

My Coachella Experience

I'm tired. I'm sleepy. I'm sore. But most importantly, I'm happy.


I've only been to Coachella one other time in 2012, but this time around was so different and so much more awesome. Not to discount my first time going because that was also an incredible experience. It's just this year I went as a VIP.


The first time I went to Coachella, I went through general admission and I car camped. It was just me and my best friend Mindy, and it was really fun. We made friends on the campgrounds, laid out on the grass field, and partied hard. And I'm really glad that the first time I went, I went through general admission because it gave me the real Coachella experience. I was part of the huge crowds and even got on someone's shoulders on the last night for Avicii. It was a blast!


This year, I wasn't even planning on going. The tickets sold out in minutes and I didn't know anybody who was selling any. But during weekend one of Coachella, my friend Alicia and I had a sleepover and we were talking about how awesome it would be if we were at Coachella.....and next thing you know, we were officially VIPs for the second weekend! It was so spontaneous, it felt unreal. But there we were, Friday morning, driving to Coachella and our experience began!




DAY ONE:



(That selfie game, tho)

(Found Waldo!)


(Met Kev Jumba from youtube!)



If you ever get a chance to go, you should definitely do general admission your first time. But if you go again, VIP is the way to go. Some benefits:

- Lots of shade
- Extra bathrooms and usually with no lines
- Couches and cabanas!
- Phone charging stations
- Exclusive food vendors
- Ladies, there's a Ladies Lounge where you can get your hair and make-up done for free, sponsored by Sephora
- Exclusive viewing area of the main stage with a great view over everyone else
- A photobooth!
- If you get VIP parking, you get an exclusive parking lot closer to the grounds, which means less walking, as well as less traffic when the night is over

DAY TWO






(From the VIP section)

(Just ran into Kellan Lutz, you know)



My favorite act of the weekend had to be Pharrell on the second night. He's such a great entertainer and he's so talented. But it also helped that he brought out a couple guests up on stage:

- Jay-Z
- T.I.
- Nelly
- Pusha T.
- Busta Rhymes
- Jabbawockeez
- Daft Punk

It was definitely the highlight of my Coachella. Some of my other favorites, though, were Calvin Harris, Ellie Goulding, Lorde, Aloe Blacc, and Zedd :)


DAY THREE:


(Easter fell on 4/20 so I was praisin and she was blazin. Haha)


(The benefits of couches)





Because we decided to go so last minute, the only choices for places to stay were very limited. The only hotels available were 20 miles away from the fair grounds and cost $200 a night and the car camping was sold out. There was only one place to go: Crasiglist. Haha. I know, it sounds super sketchy and, yes, I've heard of the Craigslist Killer, but, no, I have not seen it. We really had no other choice. So we found a room being rented out at someone's house for a good deal, and we took it! It wasn't the best place, but we were thankful for a place to stay, especially one with a shower and a bed. Lol. The only thing that matters is that we're back home, safe and sound now. 


It was a weekend I won't forget for a very long time. It was so much fun to escape reality and just go have fun for a while. We partied and raved and jumped and screamed - you know, you would think I would've lost weight with all the walking and the sweating and the jumping, but I think I might have gained weight from all the awesome food. Hahaha. 


Sucked to say goodbye to Coachella, but three days was good enough for me. Got home and went to sleep at around two this morning....and I'm such a good student that I actually went to all my classes today. What a trooper, right? Lol. 


Thank you, Coachella!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment